Thursday, July 23, 2009

Updates

This place is not quite dead. Thankfully, some people still wander by this blog, appreciate the idea and send in addresses of their loved ones.

The inflow of requests is a little less than I expected (just below a dozen since the last update) but slowly and surely, the idea is picking up. Most requests have come in the last 2-3 months, and that means the idea is still viral, finds its way across to people with some will force of its own.

Take for example Toolika. She dropped by last month and left words of encouragement that mean a lot to me. Thanks Toolika!

A sweet email from a blogger friend thought it's time to brief up people that Anonymous Smiles is still alive and kicking. She gently prodded if the project is still on and then went on with her requests. She wants me to send postcards to three people. The gesture is her way of forgiving and forgetting and I am touched she chose me as the medium.

With this new flush of requests, including two email postcards that I have just sent, my enthusiasm has more than doubled. You know, let me confide, I was slowly giving up on the idea, feeling it has not many takers after a long spell of no addresses in the mailbox. But now, I am up to this with a renewed energy. Postcards are on their way and I am sure, they will bring quite some pleasant surprises when they reach.

In the meantime, spread the word. Eagerly awaiting requests for postcards and e-postcards...Send addresses to anonymous.smiles@gmail.com

5 comments:

Joe Pinto said...

My dear Gauri,

Here is a bunch of addresses to assure you that I have not forgotten Anonymous Smiles.

This is my finest and best English school-teacher (1961-63) from St Stanislaus, Bandra, Mumbai:

Mrs. Philomena D'Souza,
12, Wind Cliff,
Almeida Park, Bandra,
Mumbai.

*****

A close friend from my National Science Talent days of 1970:

Ms. Gita Iyengar,
204, Padmavati Plaza,
Sri Colony, Ramakrishna Puram,
Sikandarabad - 500 056.

*****

An cousin, who's a fine artist:

Charlotte & Trevor Pinto,
701, Ray Villa Apartments,
Upper Bendore,
Mangalore - 575 002.

*****

Ajit & Medha Keeriyott,
11, Flemington Terrace,
Clover Village, Wanavdi,
Pune - 411 040.

*****

Please tell them I suggested their addresses to you and give them details of your blog, email ID and other contact details so that they can get in touch with you.

Peace and love,
- Joe.

coffeeismypoison said...

I think ur idea is amazing. Filled with generosity and spirit. I have put ur logo on my blog but i dont think that is enough. I think ur idea deserves more merit and much much more that what u are currently getting.
And i am going to do my best to make sure more ppl know about this.

Anonymous Smiles said...

Sir,
Thanks. Have posted the cards..

Coffee- Thanks!

manju said...

Gauri, this is the first time I've come here. I think this is a lovely idea! May I put your logo up on my blog?

coffeeismypoison said...

Gauriiiiii
heloo hehe
sent my post cards yet??